To our Valued Partners,
In light of recent news concerning the Coronavirus outbreak, we want to assure you that Reich & Tang (R&T) has a tested and reliable Business Continuity Plan (BCP) to reduce the chance of an interruption in our services in the event of a pandemic situation.
The key objective of the BCP is the preservation of our business in the event of a disruption. The partners and senior management of the firm take this objective very seriously. We operate within a region that has suffered business interruptions caused by terrorism (the attacks of 9/11) and the failure of infrastructure (Hurricane Sandy in 2012). Our plan is not static; it is an active, ongoing state of preparedness that we consistently maintain through testing, updating, modification and education.
R&T employees use VMWare Horizon remote access system, which permits them to access the operating network on their home computers or mobile devices through an internet connection. The VMWare Horizon remote access system provides secure restricted access to authorized personnel through a primary and if necessary, backup data center. Currently, more than 95% of R&T employees are able to access their systems applications remotely.
As part of our business continuity planning effort, R&T is aware of pandemic situations and the extreme challenges they can present to businesses and communities. As such, we have taken steps to establish guidelines, procedures and preventative measures in the event of a pandemic as it relates to the protection of employee health, maintenance of business continuity and preserving client relationships.
Pre and post-crisis preparations include, but are not limited to the following:
- The BCP Committee has communicated with managers to establish contingency plans in the event staff members are unable to report to work.
- Common areas, such as the restrooms and kitchenette areas are supplied with hand soap, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes. In addition, mobile carts containing disinfectant sprays and wipes, additional hand sanitizer, and tissues, among other things, are circulated throughout the office.
- Seasonal flu vaccines are offered on site annually.
- Advising employees to avoid the office if they are sick with the flu or flu-like symptoms.
- Quarterly testing of the BCP.